Help to Stop Food Waste by controlling waste in the food processing chain with MARCO’s Trac-IT® Software.
- Globally, around 14% of food produced is lost between harvest and retail (un.org)
- 45% of root crops, fruit and vegetables produced globally is lost or wasted per year (stopfoodwasteday.com)
These are staggering figures that have an enormous impact on our environment, the climate and costs to businesses and consumers.
Waste generation within the food processing chain is unpredictable, making it hard to regulate and manage. Reasons for food waste includes:
- Inadequate stock management by not using FIFO/FEFO.
- Insufficient monitoring of storage conditions/temperatures.
- Spoiled batches and sub-batches due to substandard recipe formulation control.
- Unnecessary waste from overpack/overfill leading to consumer wastage.
- Waste resulting from ineffective control processes.
- Waste from excessive use of one or more ingredients in convenience food products.
- Waste that cannot be recycled within the process itself.
- Incorrectly labelled product that cannot be reworked.
By implementing one or more of MARCO’s comprehensive range of Trac-IT® Software Modules within your production facility, reliable, accountable, and vital data is provided. This allows management to immediately identify exactly when, where, and how waste is created.
Knowledge and understanding of these facts allow managers to take swift remedial action and adjust future operations to reduce waste within their production facility.
To find out more about how MARCO can help reduce waste within your operation, contact our sales team at email@example.com